tiistai 21. tammikuuta 2014

It's Good To Have Fans!

No fans were harmed during the photoshoot.
Hello hello! It sure is cold outside so I think it's time for some indoors photography! This time I had a great photoshoot session with Essi. I wanted to try out something different so I brought a couple of fans to create some action on the set. For my photography equipment I had d700 with a 85mm lens and three speedlights. I've upgraded my flash gear slightly so I now have two Nikon sb-28 lights and a Metz 44 af-1.
Let's try a new watermark...
I usually like to create some drama with the lighting and this session wasn't any exception on that matter. As a first step I put one sb-28 inside a softbox to create kind of Rembrant lighting style. That ofcourse may change during the photoshoot depending on how the model moves.
Fan power!
The other sb-28 speedlight is facing Essi from left and behind to bring out her hair and add some highlight. And as a third light I had 44 af-1 with a blue filter to create a bit more "something" to the pictures. I also like to change that filter colour throughout the session depending on how it feels.
This isn't really a huge metal fan.
So now that we have all the stuff we need it's time to turn on the circus! Lights, wind, action! I started off with just checking out how everything works together and letting the model get her flow going on. As much as it is better to plan every single thing beforehand I pretty much never do so. I prefer to let ideas come and go on the run!
Not just fans and drama!
Oh by the way Essi is a model at J'adore Models Manchester and that's pretty cool!
Red light is on.
It's as if you see through your fans.
In addition to fans and other cool stuff I had an idea of holding a colour filter in front of my camera lens. That made quite a nice effect actually! See below:
Blue filter can be used as a nice little effect.
Anyway I guess it's enough for now! I do have some more great photos of this specific photoshoot but you'll see them later. Maybe...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti